Free Business Readiness Events will help businesses find out what actions they need to take to prepare them for Brexit, the Government has revealed.
The events, which take place across the country, form part of the official campaign preparing businesses for the UK’s departure from the EU on 31 October.
According to the Government, the face-to-face events will highlight the changes that will affect businesses and hauliers, such as importing and exporting goods, processing personal data, and using international customs agents.
The sessions, led by experts from Government departments such as HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and the Home Office, will also include advice on employing EU citizens and prepare businesses through interactive workshops on supply chains, changes to regulations and contracts, tariff information and more.
Commenting on the free events, the Government said: “Businesses will leave these workshops with a personalised action plan for Brexit preparedness.
“The events include support and advice stands, with in-depth sessions led by subject matter experts from across government, including Defra, HMRC, Home Office and DCMS.”
What’s covered in the events?
- Importing from the EU
- Exporting to the EU
- Providing services or doing business in the EU
- Employing EU citizens
- Transferring personal data
- Support available in your local area
Keynote Address – Get Ready for Brexit:
- Understand what’s changing for business
- Get clear advice on the practical steps and actions that you can take, and
- Find out more about the resources and support available to help you to get ready
- Import, export and customs for Business
- Employers of EU citizens
- Trading with countries internationally and Brexit
- Prepare your business for Brexit – food and drink; farming; fisheries; waste, chemicals and trade
- Prepare your energy business for Brexit
- Trade in services – preparing for Brexit
- Data protection and Brexit
- Intellectual property and Brexit
To register to attend a Brexit Readiness event near you, click here.
For help and advice, please get in touch with our expert team.